Ascot United vs. Leatherhead: Clash of the Form Teams
Two red-hot teams clash tonight in Pitching In Isthmian South Central as Ascot United takes on Leatherhead. Ascot United has been in tremendous form, securing five consecutive wins in all competitions, during which they’ve netted an impressive fourteen goals. Leatherhead, on the other hand, has been equally impressive, remaining unbeaten in the league and scoring six goals against Herne Bay in their recent outing. A win for Leatherhead tonight would propel them from fourth place to the coveted top spot, potentially displacing the current leaders, Raynes Park Vale.
Westfield vs. Uxbridge: Battle for the Top
Westfield, despite not having secured a league victory yet, found their scoring touch recently by netting four goals against Littlehampton Town in the FA Trophy. They return to Woking Park this evening to face Uxbridge, who also have an opportunity to claim the top spot. Uxbridge has won both of their league matches so far but faced setbacks in cup competitions against South East opposition last week.
Velocity Cup Action: Six Thrilling Matches
In the Velocity Cup, we have a total of six exciting matches on the schedule.
First Round Matches
- Bowers & Pitsea vs. Maldon & Tiptree: Bowers & Pitsea aim to extend their unbeaten streak to four matches as they host Maldon & Tiptree, who are seeking a return to form after conceding eleven goals in their last two cup matches.
- East Grinstead Town vs. South Park Reigate: East Grinstead Town hopes for a change in fortune after five consecutive losses in all competitions. They will face South Park Reigate, who recently got back to winning ways in the FA Trophy against South East opposition.
Second Round Match
- Brightlingsea Regent vs. Grays Athletic: Brightlingsea Regent, boasting a perfect record of six wins in six matches across all competitions, welcomes Grays Athletic. Grays Athletic, yet to secure a win, will field their Under 23’s in this encounter.
- Erith & Belvedere vs. Basildon United: Erith & Belvedere aims to bounce back to winning ways as they take on North Division’s Basildon United, who displayed an impressive performance with a 5-3 victory against Welwyn Garden City.
- Northwood vs. Marlow: Two South Central promotion hopefuls, Northwood and Marlow, face off. Northwood, undefeated until recently, is looking to rebound after a Trophy loss to Ramsgate. Meanwhile, Marlow remains undefeated since the opening day, securing six consecutive wins in all competitions.
- Three Bridges vs. Burgess Hill Town: A thrilling Sussex derby sees South East leaders Three Bridges hosting Burgess Hill Town at Jubilee Field. Three Bridges is unbeaten in five matches and recently routed Beckenham Town with five goals in the FA Trophy. In contrast, Burgess Hill Town has experienced inconsistency, with a giant-killing performance against Bognor Regis Town followed by a Trophy defeat to Hythe.