Macclesfield FC has announced the departure of two forwards from their squad. Hayden Campbell and Tom Peers have decided to move on from the club.
Hayden Campbell’s Return to Curzon Ashton
Former Glory: Hayden Campbell
- Hayden Campbell, who had a notable 2022/23 season with Curzon Ashton, scoring 20 goals across all competitions, has decided to make a triumphant return to his former club.
The Silkmen Stint
- Campbell, after his impressive stint with Curzon Ashton, made a move to Macclesfield in May this year. His return to his former club marks a significant chapter in his football career.
Tom Peers Finds a New Home in Chester
Together and Apart
- Tom Peers, who made the switch from Curzon Ashton alongside Campbell in the summer, has decided to part ways with Macclesfield. The pair’s time at the Silkmen didn’t match their previous success, as they only managed to score four goals collectively in the current season.
- Tom Peers has made a move to Chester, a club currently positioned 12th in the National League North. This change provides a fresh start for Peers to reignite his football journey.
- Mark Duffy’s Macclesfield side is currently chasing a coveted playoff spot. They sit in the final position, hoping to secure their entry to the playoffs.
Recalling James Hardy
- To bolster their attacking options following the departures of Campbell and Peers, Macclesfield has decided to recall James Hardy from his loan spell at Ashton United. Hardy showcased his goal-scoring prowess during his loan stint, netting twice in just as many appearances for the Robins.
Upcoming Challenge: Worksop Town
- With a significant change in the lineup, Macclesfield is gearing up for their upcoming league game against Worksop Town. The team is looking forward to a fresh start and hopes to continue their strong performance in the league.
Stay tuned for updates as Macclesfield FC navigates through a dynamic season of football.